1. People that want to be in your life will make time for you.
2. Friends will stop talking to you when you need them the most, that’s how you grow to be more independent and rely on yourself.
3. You don’t need to go into your freshman year of college looking for a husband. You’ll probably find bridesmaids instead.
4. Cake is good. Eat a piece sometimes.
5. What you do in high school does not define you.
6. The super great, athletic guy that asks you to hang out and watch a movie at 11 pm probably does not want to get to know you as a person.
7. High school sucks. College is 100 times better.
8. Blacking out and puking all over your friends car will never be cool.
9. Doing stupid things and blaming them on alcohol will also never be cool.
10. Do not let a guy define you. You are more than the guys you date.
11. If you’re funny, be funny. If you’re shy, be shy. Don’t let societies expectations of you change who you are.
12. Start to use a planner. It will help immensely in the future.
13. If you get in a serious relationship and want to dedicate more time to that, don’t let your friends tell you that you’re wrong. Isn’t the point of life to be happy? If falling in love and being with someone makes you happy, don’t let your friends make you feel bad for that.
14. If someone tells you that your boyfriend cheated on you, thank them. Not everyone will be so honest with you.
15. Hang out with your parents. One day they won’t be around and these are the days you’ll remember.
16. Don’t do what your parents want when it comes to your education. If you think you’ll be happier as a teacher instead of a doctor, do that. If you change your major five times, that’s okay. Just make sure you will be happy going to work everyday.
17. You don’t have to sit with the popular crowd. If you don’t like the way they act or the way they treat you (or other people), go sit somewhere else and make new friends. A lot of the time the greatest people aren’t the ones that win all the “senior awards.”
18. Don’t hate everything just because it’s cool. Lately, most people will hate anything and everything just because it’s what other people hate. If you love something, don’t let other people’s opinions ruin that for you. And if you hate something, don’t rain on someones parade that loves it.