Hello friends!!! Today I am bringing you a burp rag tutorial. While shopping for Baby R, I have realized how incredibly expensive baby items are simply because they are for babies. I found an adorable pack of burp rags – they had cute animals on them and were so soft. But, for a pack of 4, they were $14. Fourteen dollars!!! After seeing that, I was inspired to make my own burp rags. I was able to pay 11 for only $6!!! Here is how:
What you need:
– 1/2 yard of terrycloth or minky fabric (mine cost $2.75)
– 3 fabric fat quarters or scrap fabric (Usually 99 cents each)
– Scissors or a fabric cutter
– Sewing machine or hand sewing needle
- First, we are going to cut out the fabric. I used a burp rag I already had as a template which was 7″ by 10″. To make the burp rag that size after it has been sewn, I cut the fabric to 7.5″ by 10.5″ and planned to sew on 1/4″ seam. Cut out your terrycloth and patterned fabric to this size.
- Pin wrong sides together.
- Next, we are going to sew the wrong sides together and leave about a 1.5″ gap at the start and end of our stitches. You need this hole so that you can flip the burp rag right side out when you are done sewing.
- After you have flipped the burp rag right side out, stitch along the outside at 1/4″. Make sure that the hole fabric is tucked in (pin it if you need to!) so that the stitches catch that area and keep it closed.
- Once you are finished sewing, trim the excess thread and BAM. You have made a super easy, yet cute, burp rag. I washed mine in my baby safe detergent to get them prepared for little girls sensitive skin.
And that’s it guys! How easy was this burp rag tutorial?! I made 11 out of the fat quarters I purchased and some scrap fabric I had. The key to doing this at an inexpensive cost is to use coupons and look for sales. Don’t forget to check out the post I made on my babies first quilt! Super easy, too!
Besides this burp rag tutorial, what do you guys want to see from me next? I was thinking of doing a tutorial on bibs. Let me know below!